The Cerebral Palsy Agency of Racine, Inc. – RADD (Recreational Activities for the Developmentally Disabled) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors supporting individual’s and their families with developmental disabilities.
Currently, RADD serves over 450 individuals 7 years old and up. Clients come from a variety of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds with autism, cerebral palsy, intellectual cognitive disabilities and other developmental disabilities.
RADD’s recreational activities are designed with a primary goal to help clients function as independently as possible while working on key social, daily living, and vocation skills. The activities within RADD are designed to promote: health and fitness, independence, social- and peer-interaction, coordination and motor skills, leisure activities, vocational skills, and community contribution and integrati
RADD Activities update: 05/11/2020
Due to the Covid-19 Virus we are sad to announce that Camp Kinder and all Summer Activities are cancelled for the 2020 Season. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the health and safety of our participants and staff are our number one priority. If anyone is in need of anything during this time please let us know by calling our office or send us a message on our facebook page and we will do our best to help. We miss all of our participants and can’t wait to see them again. Please check back for our Fall Season Registrations. If you have any questions please call our office. Thank you.
*RADD UPDATE 08/19/2020*
We hope everyone is doing well during this time. We miss our participants very much! We want to let everyone know that even though we are still unsure of a specific start up date to continue our activities, RADD is still financially stable. We are anticipating starting activities back up late fall but as previously stated we are unsure on a specific start date at this time. We are keeping up with all information pertaining to the corona pandemic. Any new information that we receive that has to do with getting RADD back up and running we will update our facebook and website to let everyone know. Please stay safe and know that we are thinking about all of you!
Cancelled events include:
- Adult Swim
- Dance Club
- Admirals Hockey
- Bowling Club
- Bingo Night
- Movie Night
- Cooking Class
- Overnight Respites
- 6 Hour Respites
- Bake Sales/ Candy Bar Sales
- Our Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser (to be rescheduled)
- All volunteering for events
- Camp Kinder
We will update on any new information weekly!
Winter/ Spring Adult Registration Includes:
- Adult Respite: Jan 17th, Feb 7th, Mar 6th, Apr 3rd, May 1st and June 5th
- Admirals Hockey: Jan 11th, Feb 22nd, Mar 22nd and Apr 11th
- Bowling Club: Feb 29th, Mar 14th, Mar 28th, Apr 11th, Apr 25th and May 9th
- NEW BINGO NIGHT: Jan 30th, Feb 27th, Mar 19th, Apr 16th and May 7th
- Cooking Class: Jan 23rd, Feb 13th, Mar 12th, Mar 26th, Apr 2nd and Apr 23rd
- Dance Club: Jan 14th, Mar 3rd, Apr 14th, Apr 28th and May 5th
- Movies: Jan 28th, Feb 18th, Mar 10th, Apr 7th and May 12th
- Adult Swim: Feb 3rd, Feb 17th,Mar 2nd, Mar 16th, Apr 6th, Apr 20th and May 4th
Winter/ Spring Youth Registration Includes:
- Youth Overnight Respite: Jan 24th, Feb 28th, Mar 20th, Apr 17th, May 8th and June 12th
- Youth 6 Hour Respite: Feb 15th, Mar 14th, Apr 25th and May 30th
There are no Events for the week:
Helping your Child with Autism Sleep: https://www.mattressadvisor.com/autism-and-sleep
Sleep Deprivation and ADHD: https://www.mattressadvisor.com/adhd-and-sleep-deprivation
Our Guide to Sleep After Trauma: https://www.mattressadvisor.com/sleep-after-trauma
How to Make a Bedroom Accessible for Disabilities: https://www.mattressadvisor.com/how-to-make-a-bedroom-accessible-for-disabilities
The MA Sleep Institute is an organization dedicated to helping people get their best sleep. We share a deep belief that quality, restorative sleep is vital to living a better life, but we also understand that good sleep doesn’t come easy to everyone.